Metraclark have recently launched the new Spectroline® leak detection kit for air-conditioning and refrigeration systems. The kit is in a compact case that includes the OPX-400 OPTIMAX™ 400 economical, cordless, violet LED leak detection flashlight with a 100 000 hour LED life span. It uses standard AAA batteries and has an inspection range of up to 7,5m.
Just add a small amount of dye to the system and let it circulate. The dye/oil mixture escapes with the refrigerant wherever there is a leak and glows brightly when inspected with a high-intensity Spectroline® leak detection lamp.
Spectroline® fluorescent AC&R dyes are the brightest, safest, and most concentrated, OEM approved and are the only dyes that give you all these benefits:
- Universal (POE) – Dyes are compatible with all refrigerants and lubricants.
- Lubricant-specific – Dyes exactly match the host lubricant in the system (available on request)
- Co-solvent free – Dyes will not impair lubricant properties, which could lead to excess wear or damage to system components
- National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) International Certified – Registered to meet food-grade processing requirements for category codes HTX-2 and HX-2 (Universal/POE dyes only)
The kit is ideally suited for small to medium size air-conditioning and refrigeration systems and the versatile, multi-dose dye cartridges are easily injected without the mess and fuss of past systems. The injector easily overcomes system pressure and you are able to add fluorescent dye with the system off or running.
The Spectroline® kit includes:
- EZ-50 EZ-Ject™ dye injector assembly
- EZ-25 hose/coupler with check valve, low-loss and purge fittings
- (2) EZ-4/E 14.8 ml universal/POE fluorescent dye cartridges
- (3) Drip plugs for hose/coupler
- 237 ml spray bottle GLO-AWAY™ dye cleaner
- Fluorescence-enhancing glasses and rugged carrying case
The kits are available at all Metraclark branches throughout Southern Africa, contact your nearest Metraclark branch for more details or download the Spectroline brochure here !