Who is responsible for your personal information?
Which personal information do we collect?
- Contact information, such as your name, job title, postal address, including your home address, where you have provided this to us, business address, telephone number, mobile phone number, fax number and email address;
- Payment information, such as information necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention, including credit/debit card numbers, security code numbers and other related billing information;
- Further business information necessarily processed in a business transaction, project or client contractual relationship with Metraclark or voluntarily provided by you, e.g. in a recruitment process such as instructions given, payments made, requests and projects;
- Your password for the Metraclark website or other password protected platforms or services, where you have one;
- Information collected from publicly available resources, integrity information bases and credit agencies;
- If legally required for compliance purposes, information about relevant and significant litigation or other legal proceedings against you or a third party related to you and interaction with you which may be relevant for antitrust purposes;
- Special categories of personal information. In connection with the registration for and provision of access to an event or seminar, we may ask for information about your health for the purpose of identifying and being considerate of any disabilities or special dietary requirements you may have. Any use of such information is based on your consent. If you do not provide any such information about disabilities or special dietary requirements, we will not be able to take any respective precautions;
- Other personal information regarding your preferences where it is relevant to sales and services that we provide; and/or
- Details of your visits to our premises.
How do we collect your personal information?
- When you or your organisation seek information or advice from us or use any on-line services;
- When you or your organisation browse, make an enquiry or otherwise interact on our websites;
- When you apply for a job or open position within our company;
- When you or your organisation offer to provide or provide services to us.
- When you attend a seminar or a Metraclark event or sign up to receive personal information from us, including training; or
Are you required to provide personal information?
For which purposes will we use your information?
- Providing sales of goods or other services or things you may have requested, including on-line services or solutions as instructed or requested by you or your organisation;
- Managing and administering your or your organisation's business relationship with Metraclark, including processing payments, accounting, auditing, billing and collection, support services;
- Compliance with our legal obligations (such as record keeping obligations), compliance screening or recording obligations (e.g. export laws, trade sanction and embargo laws, for anti-money laundering, financial and credit check and fraud and crime prevention and detection purposes), which may include automated checks of your contact information or other information you provide about your identity against applicable sanctioned-party lists and contacting you to confirm your identity in case of a potential match or recording interaction with you which may be relevant for compliance purposes;
- To analyse and improve our services and communications to you;
- Protecting the security of and managing access to our premises, IT and communication systems, online platforms, websites and other systems, preventing and detecting security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activities;
- For insurance purposes;
- For monitoring and assessing compliance with our policies and standards;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and requests, including reporting to and/or being audited by national and international regulatory bodies;
- To comply with court orders and exercises and/or defend our legal rights; and
- For any purpose related and/or ancillary to any of the above or any other purpose for which your personal information was provided to us.
- Communicating with you through the channels you have approved to keep you up to date on the latest industry developments, announcements, and other information about Metraclark products, technologies and services (including, newsletters and other information) as well as Metraclark trainings, events and projects;
- Customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analysis, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities or events; or
- Collecting information about your preferences to create a user profile to personalise and foster the quality of our communication and interaction with you (for example, by way of newsletter tracking or website analytics).
With regard to marketing-related communication, we will - where legally required - only provide you with such information after you have opted in and provide you the opportunity to opt out anytime if you do not want to receive further marketing-related communication from us. We will not use your personal information for taking any automated decisions affecting you or creating profiles other than described above.Depending on for which of the above Permitted purposes we use your personal information, we may process your personal information on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Because processing is necessary for the performance of a customer or supplier instruction(s) or other contract with you or your organisation;
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g. to keep pension records or records for tax purposes); or
- Because processing is necessary for purposes of our legitimate interest or those of any third party recipients that receive your personal information, provided that such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
With whom will we share your personal information?
- We may share your personal information between the Metraclark Entities on a confidential basis where required for the purpose of providing legal advice or other products or services and for administrative, billing and other business purposes. A list of the countries in which Metraclark Entities are located can be found on our website www.metraclark.co.za;
- We may disclose your personal information to external partners to perform tasks on our behalf such as providing IT services or helping with marketing and recruitment, administration of press releases, information analytics or statistics;
- We may disclose your contact details on a confidential basis to third parties for the purposes of collecting your feedback on the Metraclark’s service provision, to help us measure our performance and to improve and promote our services;
- We may share your personal information with companies providing services for money laundering checks, credit risk reduction and other fraud and crime prevention purposes and companies providing similar services, including financial institutions, credit reference agencies and regulatory bodies with whom such personal information is shared;
- We may share your personal information with any third party to whom we assign or novate any of our rights or obligations;
- We may share your personal information with third parties, for instance courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys or other parties where it is reasonably necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal or equitable claim, or for the purposes of a confidential alternative dispute resolution process;
- We may also instruct service providers within or outside of Metraclark, domestically or abroad, e.g. shared service centers, to process personal information for the Permitted purposes on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions only. Metraclark will retain control over and will remain fully responsible for your personal information and will use appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law to ensure the integrity and security of your personal information when engaging such service providers;
- We may also use aggregated personal information and statistics for the purpose of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop our website and our services.
Otherwise, we will only disclose your personal information when you direct us or give us permission, when we are required by applicable law or regulations or judicial or official request to do so, or as required to investigate actual or suspected fraudulent or criminal activities.